Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My passport is filling up fast

I picked up my visa for Indonesia today!! Yay, I'm glad it went so smoothly. I dragged my brother along and we walked through a bit of Chinatown, North Beach, and the downtown area.

Slight change of travel plans. I realized that with 60 days in Indonesia, we're out of the country on August 27th. I've been pretty worried about my subletting situation. I'm supposed to move out of my current place and move into my new apartment by Sept 1st. So instead of hanging out somewhere in Southeast Asia for 10 days after the project, I decided to come back on the 30th and take care of all my apartment stuff. This still gives me about 3 nights in Singapore. And the flight I chose has an 8hr layover in Taipei. So depending on how on time that flight is and now tired I am, I might go walk around Taipei for a little bit.

So this summer's city/country hopping is looking like:
New York City
Cambridge, UK
Kuala Lumpur and Melaka, Malaysia
Padang, Indonesia (and maybe nearby towns)
Singapore
Taipei, Taiwan

This is all starting this Thursday night. Too soon... I'm pretty much all packed now except for a few miscellaneous things. Still trying to decide whether or not to bring the sleeping bag. I think it will come in handy. All my stuff fit and is at 40lb right now. So it's not bad. But I think my stuff can be a lot more organized without the sleeping bag. Oh wells.

No comments: