Saturday, May 7, 2011

It gets serious

I just bought my flight to go back home for graduation. Kayak email alerts are awesome. The price for the flight had jumped up the last few days but went down by $300+ today so I booked it right away. I really don't think I can find a cheaper flight. I realized today that graduation is coming up in a little more than a month.

I've been thinking more about where I want to live and I think it would be nice to live close enough to either walk or take a bus. The area down the hill from where I am now actually has a lot of affordable places to live. So now I'm concentrating my efforts there. I think it will take about 20 minutes to walk to work. I have to figure out the bus system though, in case it rains or is too hot out.

I saw a place today that is small but is okay. It has a balcony that has a water connection so I can stick a washing machine out there. The balcony is bigger than my actual indoor apartment space and I can use it to hang clothes or whatever. They're not charging extra for it. The price is pretty good. I can make it work if I get a bunk bed. I made some appointments for tomorrow so we'll see what happens. I would really like to rent with the actual owner so that I don't have to go through an agent and pay them too. Anyway, we'll see. I think I've finally found the right neighborhood at least.

No comments: