Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend

Aftter the DB event on Friday, I went with Kim and Alex to eat ice cream and see Harry Potter. Alex knew this one place at Potsdamer Platz that will make you ice cream that looks like real food. We ordered a hamburger and lasagna and shared it between the three of us. The hamburger patty looked so real. It was amazing ice cream too. I didn't have my camera with me but they took pictures. Will post those as soon as I get them. Oh man, I can't wait for another hot day...

After this we went to see Harry Potter at the IMAX theater in 3D. It was in German but the dubbing is pretty good and I remember the story from the book anyway. It was so cool. For most of the movie, the 3D glasses just made the movie a little more 3D. The screen was so big that I can hardly see the whole thing even though we were sitting in the back. The chairs were comfortable and we had lots of legroom. For the last part of the movie, the fighting scene, it was really 3D. The characters and buildings popped out of the screen. It was so cool. I still kinda want to go see the English version though since I didn't really understand everything.

Kim stayed with me for the weekend. DB only provided hotel up until Thursday night. We got back to the dorm really late since there was something wrong with the S-Bahn. On Saturday, Jingwen, Kim, and I went to Potsdam. We got a day ticket for all the museums and palaces and went to as many as we could. It was fun. We were all really tired by the end of it.

It was rainy and gloomy on Sunday. That was sad. Jingwen packed and left for China. Kim and I went to explore Berlin. We went to most of the major sites and took lots of pictures. Luckily the sky cleared up in early afternoon. It was fun. We went by a big flea market on our way to the Museum Island. I have to take a Sunday off from traveling and explore all these flea markets. Maybe I can get some DDR stamps.

No comments: