Thursday, July 19, 2007

This week at work

So work is actually going well for once. Yay! I haven't had anything to do for a week. Earlier this week I went over to Nordbahnhof and met someone from the Environmental Department. He's an interesting guy but he said I was 2, 3 days too early. They are in the middle of compiling some data and I can help out once they finish. So I told him that I can come back next Monday and he was very happy about that. So I went back to the main office and did nothing for a while.

My boss is out again but he called some other guy and asked him to show me stuff. This guy works on the 4th floor of the same office and gave me some plans to look at. Then these 2 women came in and introduced themselves. They're both architects and they showed me some projects they're working on. I offered to help out and they gave me three little projects to work on. That was today. I was really happy. Two projects involve calculations. They were really happy to hear that I'm studying civil engineering. They don't seem like they wanted to do the calculations. For the other project, I get to redesign a whole train station. Well, not the whole thing but part of an area around it. They want to make it more welcoming. The city's been wanting to change the area for a while and I can basically do whatever I want, including demolishing buildings and taking out roads. Isn't that awesome? I mean, I get to propose it and see what they think but yeah, still cool.

3 comments:

yalu said...

LOL that's kind of sad...Lucy's like "I FINALLY have something to do!!! yay!!!" I'm glad you're going to be kept occupied though...it always sucks when you "go back and do nothing for awhile" LOL that's a funny expression. And Jingwen is away for 3 weeks! DANG. Has she already left? When's your last day?

Lucy said...

My last day is the 21st. Coming back to the States on the 23rd.

yalu said...

LOL good thing I checked here. I was like hmm Lucy never emailed me back a response.

I wonder if there's any way to check if someone's commented on my blog. That feature might be useful. Of course, right now my blog is down. Wednesday...Wednesday.