Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July in Berlin

I realize it's not 4th of July anymore but yeah. Anyhow, the interns at Siemens invited all the MIT interns in Berlin to come to their place for a BBQ. I was feeling sick so I didn't go. It was a good choice, I think, since they live far away from my work and dorm. Instead I found Worchester sauce at the local supermarket and made sloppy joe. My other roommate and her friends had never even heard of sloppy joe. So it was kinda exciting for them. Unfortunately, the ketchup that I got was not very good. It didn't taste right and had too much water. So I had to boil the sauce for half an hour to get all the water out. It turned out okay but a little too tangy. My roommate and her friends made pasta and invited me to join them. So my 4th of July dinner consisted of sloppy joe, pasta, and salad. They even got Thousand Island dressing, which was labeled American Dressing.

No comments: