Friday, July 6, 2007

Birthday Celebration

So after renewing my passport, I got to work at around 10:30am, maybe almost 11am. Partly also because the S-Bahn wasn't working right either. Anyhow, it was someone's birthday and they had a huge celebration. Everyone in the department was invited. That's about 20 people. We had lots of bread with 10 different kinds of spread: salmon, herring, salami, cheese, eggs, etc. And there was also cucumbers, pickles, and tomatoes as finger food. For drinks there was coffee, sparkling water, cherry juice, tropical fruit punch, and 2 types of red wine. It was great. And yes, I did have some of the wine, the sweet one anyway. I wish I could've joined in on the conversations but couldn't understand a thing. Everyone took their time too. This lunch went on for an hour and a half. And I finished my little internet research project at around 3pm.

I went back to the main office and Oli helped me get my DB account working. But it turns out that the account can only be used for Lotus Notes. Nothing else works, not even Microsoft Word. I was really sad. But my other account, which Oli had set up for me before gives me access to everything. So all is good, I guess. All in all, it was a really chill day at work.

No comments: