Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mac & Cheese

So before I left MIT, I grabbed some Easy Mac off of the kitchen table in the Annex since I thought I might need some food on the first few days. I realized I haven't eaten them and bought 2 packs to work today. I was looking over the instructions and Oli comes over, wondering what I have. I tried to ask him if they have Mac & Cheese here and I think he said yes. I told him that Easy Mac works by magic. You just put water and microwave it for a few minutes. He thought it was cool.

So I go and microwave the thing and was stirring the sauce in when Oli comes back with his lunch. It only took him like 5 minutes to go buy lunch. I was impressed. Anyway, he waves me over to where he's sitting with the 2 ladies who work in the same department as we do and shows them my mac and cheese. I asked them again if they have this in Germany and one of the ladies said yes and was trying to say they come in a box. It was cool since they were all so amazed by it.

Oli then took apart each part of his salad and taught me the German names for them. He wanted to learn the English names for them too so we did this for chicken, pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, and corn. It was funny. Anyway, he tried some of my Easy Mac so I decided to give the other bag to him. When I bought over the unprepared bag, they were all so excited and wanted to see. haha. That was a fun lunch. Maybe I should introduce them to peanut butter too.

2 comments:

yalu said...

heh. surely they have peanut butter?

Lucy said...

oh, they do but it's not very popular. Peanut butter is very American. I bought a PB&J sandwich to work today but they weren't very impressed. lol