Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lake and Swans

There's a lake about a 20 minute walk from where I live. It's called Schlachensee. "See" in German means lake. I went there last Sunday to check it out since many people said it's a nice place to swim and picnic. And they were right. There were so many people swimming even though it wasn't very hot. Lots of families with kids. They all biked there to swim and picnic. There are a few cafes and biergartens right the side of the lake too. I've been wondering what people do on Sundays since all the shops are closed. Even grocery stores. So I guess this is what they do. Nice way to spend a Sunday!

I also saw some swans there. You can see them more clearly in the second picture. One of the little ones was getting a ride on one of the big ones. They were so cute.

No comments: