Friday, June 15, 2007

Genius!

So I picked up the converter today from the post office. That in itself was an adventure. But unfortunately, after all the hassle, the converter doesn't work. First of all, it converts voltage. I don't need that. Which still would've been okay except that my laptop needs a 3 prong socket. The converter only takes 2 prongs. And the converter needs an adapter in order to fit into German sockets. Sorry Yalu, I should've said I needed a plug adapter.

So that's very sad for me but on Wednesday, I was walking by a hardware store. It occured to me that I can just make my own plug. So I got an extension cord, multimeter, and electric tape. The multimeter turned out to be really useful since they have different color conventions here. Anyhow, I've succesfully made my own adaptor. Looks a little ugly but yeah, it works!

2 comments:

yalu said...

Oops...i'm confused though. If you didn't need to convert voltage, then what did you need? Something that fit? I thought the whole problem was that they have a different system. Well, hopefully you can use it for the other small appliances listed on that chart, if you ever buy any of those.

Thymocyte said...

That's the MIT spirit, lol! Nice work. xD