Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bad Weather

Why did I ever leave California? I could've been there where it's sunny and warm everyday. Instead I'm here in Berlin where the weather changes by the hour. 2 weeks ago, it was blazing hot. So hot that you can feel the heat from the pavement. This week is really cool. It was 55F out there today. And the rain. It's low pressure here all the time. You see the clouds roll in and rain just start pouring out from the sky. Thunder and lightning is very common. These usually last about 10, 15 minutes and then it's sunny again.

These pictures are from last Saturday. There was a gay pride parade downtown. There were so many people watching! The streets were filled even though it rained on and off the whole day. You can see the dark clouds in the second picture. 2 minutes after I took these pictures, it started raining really, really hard. Luckily I got under a bridge before the rain started pouring. I waited it out even though I had an umbrella. It wouldn't have helped anyway.

1 comment:

yalu said...

Maybe to like, see the world? Hehe. Come on, in Boston it rains for a week and there is mass flooding everywhere. You should be used to it by now!

Pittsburgh weather is actually really good. It's in a valley, so we're supposed to get these thunderstorms, and sometimes it does storm, but since there are so many valleys the rain tends to miss be spotty. Like the weather forecast said that it's raining all week, and mon-tues mike and i went to the pool. Today is actually rained a little bit for 5 minutes. But in general it's very sunny! I like.