Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back in HK

I am never flying United again if I had the choice. The check-in line was long and confusing. As the line moved I realized that we were moving towards self check-in machines. Most people didn't know this and was waiting for a the two people who were working to check them in. After I used one of the machines, no one came to put the tag on my bag for the longest time. I waved to some people and they just ignored me. So I kept waving and was about to start jumping up and down when someone finally came. I think the people behind the counter are supposed to just tag bags instead of checking people in.

The boarding was really confusing because there were just too many airlines blaring their instructions. I don't know if it's the accent of the people doing the announcements or the quality of the speakers but I could not understand what they were saying at all. They said the instructions in English, Cantonese, and maybe even Mandarin. I couldn't make out the words at all. It was the same when I got on the plane. I think on the plane, it was the speakers fault though. I had to put on my headphones and listen through there.

I never managed to catch the beginning of any of their movies. I watched half an episode of House. The food was mediocre at best. All the bread products smelled like they were baked properly. I have a rule of saying away from the "Chinese" selection, which usually involves half cooked rice. They didn't even serve any rice. I finished the 2nd book in the Twilight series and started on the 3rd. I had to stop every once in a while to nap or just rest.

I decided to take a bus back. The E21 goes pretty close to where I live. I had a huge headache that started about 6 hours before we landed. I didn't feel nauseous though, until I got on the bus. I took a Tylenol before I got on the bus and I think that helped. The bus itself circled around the airport area for a while before getting on the highway. The sharp turns on the roundabouts made me really nauseous and dizzy. I slept until we got to the Kowloon side. Otherwise, I would have thrown up. I had a bag ready but luckily didn't have to use it. I gave it to an elderly lady who was throwing up right when we were getting to my stop. I don't think I would recommend this way of transportation. It also took forever. 


yalu said...

Man, sounds like you had a very draining time getting back.. hope you feel better!

lauren michelle said...

Just realized I probably should have given you the phone you lent me for our asia trip when you were here for graduation..

Term Papers said...

This post was very nicely written and it also contains many useful facts i enjoyed your way of writing this post thanks you have made it very easy for me to understand.