Tuesday, April 19, 2011

sick... and leaving soon

Argh, I hate being sick. I don't know why but this is the second time I'm sick since coming back home. I got sick Saturday afternoon. I think I"m a lot better now but still feeling lightheaded today. Which is unfortunate because I had to cancel 2 things.

Went to the SF office today with a box of books and dropped it off with the geotech admin who will help me ship it. She's so nice. I don't know what their group would be like if she leaves. I bet it would feel totally different. They took me out to lunch. I was kind of out of it because I wasn't feeling well. Ack.. I think I will miss this group.

I have a feeling that the first couple of months in HK will be rough and I will be missing the US a lot. This always happens. There's always a period of "what the heck am I doing here?? why didn't I just stay where I was so comfortable?!" Hopefully that period won't last very long and I can get settled in. I guess I won't feel like I'm settled until I find my apartment and furnish it. Anyway, it's so surreal. I can't believe I'm going to start a real job AND moving to a different country at the same time.

I hope I get lots of visitors. It'll be fun. They'll be my excuse to go do touristy stuff. I hope my visitors come prepared about what they want to see. I'll just accompany them. haha. Hopefully they won't all come at the same time though (the summer).

Anyway, need to do some heavy-duty packing starting tonight or tomorrow. Have't packed anything yet... Hm...

No comments: