Thursday, October 18, 2007

Matriculation Dinner

Since the last entry with lots of pictures was popular, here's another one with lots of pictures. I wrote about our Matriculation Dinner on the MIT blog. So go there for more description. Here's a bunch of pictures of the amazing food.


Here's the starter - salad, bread, and hummus. I really liked the hummus. And oh, there was a starter wine too.

Soup came next. It was the best soup I've had at this dining hall. Looked just like all the other soup that we've had but the taste was just amaz
Main course. Everyone item was really delicious. Chicken wasn't dry, potatoes weren't overcooked, beans weren't mushy... I think somewhere between the soup and the main course, they pour the second (red) wine.

I forgot to take a picture of the next 2 courses. The 4th course was a ice cream thing that had real cream on top. I think there was alcohol in that as well, just a little. And that wasn't the dessert. After that, they passed around fruit platters that had all sorts of fruit on it including figs, dates, and other fruits. After this, the dessert wines were also passed around.

See the small glass with red wine in it? That was really, really good wine. I mean, I hardly drink any alcohol usually (see the other glass? I didn't finish them) but even I can tell it's something special. It's called Taylors Quinta de Terra Feita 1986. We also got coffee, in a vain effort to sober up some of the people, I think.

The Master of Gonville and Caius made a speech after this.
There was also pre-dinner drinks which started at 7:15pm. I got there a little later than that. Dinner started at 7:45pm. I'm not sure when it ended because we milled around for a while afterwards and then walked back in the rain. I got back at 11:30pm.

1 comment:

yalu said...

Ack. Jingwen and I were looking at this, and it's right before dinner, and we're both really REALLY hungry now. Before we were just normal hungry.

Uhh, today Xiumin borrowed her bike, so I gave her the key to your lock, and then she gave it back and I didn't put it back on the keychain that it's normally on...so I dunno where the key is now. Hmm....