Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Simpsons

Carolyn and I went to see The Simpsons last Thursday. Well, since Thursday is free museums day, we went to the Music Instrument Museum first. They had some really interesting stuff. Too bad their postcards sucked so we didn't get anything. After this, we went to eat ice cream at the mall at Potsdamer Platz and had the burger ice cream. It was just as good as last time. Then we went to the 8:00pm showing at the Sony Center. I think the Sony Center only shows movies in their original version.

We got there half an hour before the movie started and went right inside. We walked into the room and it was completely, utterly empty. I'm not sure if this is true elsewhere but at the Sony Center, you get assigned seats. So because of this, no one arrives until the very last moment. Some people even come during the commercials. So Carolyn and I were feeling really stupid at this point and walked around. There weren't any place to sit that wasn't a cafe. Finally we found a Legos store and stayed there for a while sharing Lego stories.

About 10 minutes before the show was supposed to start, we went back into the room. This time there were people so we decided it was time to find out seats. We had the middle of the very back row. There was hardly anyone else so we thought maybe we can change seats. Carolyn even thought that maybe people would be watching the German version at the theater next door. But it turned out that everyone arrived right before or during the commercials. There were a lot of commercials. Next time we know, huh?

The seats were really, really comfortable and soft. We had so much legroom, it was amazing. The chairs don't even fold up. I wish American theaters were like this. It makes sitting for 2-3 hours so much more enjoyable.

So I didn't really write about The Simpsons at all. Can't be posting spoilers now, can I? All I'll say is that I liked the movie. Hope you weren't disappointed.

1 comment:

yalu said...

One of the interns I met tonight is from Pittsburgh. She says there's a theater where you can get VIP seating, and you can get your own private viewing room for the theater complete with lazy-boy leather recliners. It's like a few dollars more. LOL I think I've heard other people say there's fancy movie theaters round here...Mike and I just went to a normal one. The normal ones cost more than the drive-ins, but I think the drive-ins are pretty cool.