Friday, August 24, 2007

Home

It's been 5 months but I'm finally back home! Yay! It's so awesome to see my family again, eat homecooked food, not have to think about groceries, speak English, yup.

My flights went pretty well. I got up at 4:30am and left my friend's place. Got to the airport but the check-in lady didn't give me a seat for my second flight. I thought it would be okay since I would be arriving at Frankfurt 2 hours early. But no. They have a stupid system where you have to stand in line to check in your bags, stand in line for security, stand in line to have to get into the boarding area, and stand in line again to board the plane. So since I didn't have an assigned seat and the people at the gate had to check everyone in before they knew which seats were available (stupid, stupid), I had to wait until everyone else gets on board. The info should already be available since everyone checked in already. Never seen such a dumb system.

Of course, I ended up with a middle seat, sandwiched between this big Italian guy and an American. Luckily, the American is a nice guy and we chatted during the flight. Lufthansa has really good service but some really old planes. There were no individual TVs in the economy class and the flight was 11 hours. The seats were so small and I had no legroom whatsoever. At least this time I could see the TV from my seat and watched Shrek the Third and Blades of Glory.

1 comment:

yalu said...

Haven't seen Shrek the Third yet!! LOL there are all these movies I've been waiting to see with Mike and now he's working and it's so far of a commute. Can't wait for the weekend.