Saturday, August 25, 2007

Last Day in Berlin

I must've been really bored those last few days. I don't know who's going to read all these new posts. I mean, now that I'm home and Yalu on vacation...


By the time I post this, I’ll be sitting at home! I’m so excited. No more being depressed about leaving since that was about work. I definitely need to send a thank you note. Anyway, I spent the morning packing. Not much else to do since it was thunderstorming outside. A huge one too. It was pouring. Packing didn’t take too long and I spent the rest of the morning playing Starcraft and other games on my computer.

The rain let up around noon and I went to the supermarket to return more bottles and got some more souvenirs. My backpack is still pretty empty although my suitcases are definitely a lot heavier than when I came. I’m pretty sure when I came the weight limit was 50 pounds. But I checked on the website and it said that flying to the US, I have a weight limit of 70 pounds. Weird. I hope it’s right because I really don’t think my suitcases are under 50 pounds. Turns out I'm completely wrong and both of my suitcases were way under 50 pounds, even the big one. The big one was only 21kg so I had nothing to worry about.

At 2pm, I went and got my deposit from the housing office. It was sunny by now and very nice out. Since I don’t have a card to the computer room, I couldn’t get in. Usually the door is open or there are people inside. But since it was in the middle of the day on a weekday, the room was empty and locked. So I decided to bring my computer to Haus 6 and stood outside checking email. Good thing I took the effort since it turns out that Jingwen couldn’t make it to the airport for her 5am flight. There’s apparently no taxis that go there so early so she decided to take the Thursday afternoon flight. Since I’ll already be home, she asked me to leave my keys with a friend. I was getting a little worried about her since she was supposed to be back in Berlin at around 8am. But I figured her flight was delayed since it was raining so hard. Poor girl. Such bad luck. I hope she manages to get to the airport for her Friday morning flight home.

While I was checking my email, both Yalu and Xiumin started chatting with me on Google Talk. My computer started burning up since I was sitting in the sun, so I stood in the shade. But it’s hard to type while standing up, I was about to give up when I walked by some bikes under the shade. I balanced my laptop on one of them and chatted with Xiumin while checking the rest of my email. Good thing not many people were around.

After sitting around some more, I decided to take the bus past the Wannsee S-Bahn station, just to see what’s on the other side of the bridge. Turns out there isn’t much so I took the bus back, walked around the lake a little, and had a doner at the S-Bahn station. Yup, the same place that we got our first meal in Berlin. I thought I should eat one more doner in case I don’t find them in England. And where else more appropriate than the place where I got my first doner!

At around 7pm, Hua-Chen and Sarah came to pick me up. They took a lot of the food that I had left over with them. I spend the night at Hua-Chen's place. We watched a movie and I slept on her floor. The next morning I got up at 4:30am and caught a bus and then another bus to the airport.

1 comment:

yalu said...

haha i remember that. but i was like crap, i have to go!