Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's March!

It's March! I'm sitting in the new engineering library. This place opened when the academic year started. The building is a pretty nice addition to Y2E2. I think most students are still figuring out where everything is. I'm sitting on a single person couch with a foot stool against the end of a big bookshelf. I feel like this spot is where people take pictures of college brochures and send them out. If you took a picture of me right now, you would get a picture of a student typing away on her computer in a library with lots of books.

A lot of the furniture here have footstools. It's really nice to be able to put your feet up. I think I prefer that while typing on a laptop.

Got up early today for class. Today is the last Bagel Tuesday so I got half a bagel after class. There used to be Bagel Tuesday every Tuesday but I think they ran out of budget so now it's every other Tuesday. It's not as convenient since it's hard to remember. For the past few weeks, I've been packing a lot of stuff to bring with me so that I can stay on campus all day Mondays and Tuesdays. But I think I'm going to go back to my apartment today for the 3 hour break that I have from noon-3pm. I think I can work much better in my room. My roommate pointed out this morning that she felt like she wasted 3 hours at in our office. She says that if she gets tired at home, she can always nap and then start working again. But in Blume, you're just tired the entire day. I definitely agree. Nap time is very essential! I think there was a PhD comic showing how grad school is like kindergarten.

No comments: