Thursday, June 12, 2008

Paris, short entry

So I handed in my last report that I have to write on Friday and pretty much went straight to the train station. I felt like I couldn't leave Cambridge any faster. I had an adventure getting to Amsterdam to meet up with Yalu and friends. It started with the shabby 1 car train to Harwich (pronounced hair-wich), the creepy scenry on the way, and then finding out that I bought a ticket to go from Holland to Harwich and not Harwich to Holland. Luckily (I really felt like the luckiest person in the world this time), someone had cancelled a few minutes ago and I got their cabin. The ship was full. I will post things about Amsterdam probably after I get home and get pictures from everyone.

Right now I'm sitting in Yalu's apartment in Paris. I've managed to explore lots of Paris in these few days. I met a couple of girls who are on a europe trip and have been hanging out with them a lot. They're friends of Mahalia, so not total strangers. We met a week ago in while they were touring England.

Surprisingly, even with all this walking, I haven't gotten sore. But just feel very tired. Anyhow, more posts later, probably after I get back to the States.

2 comments:

yalu said...

I was going to say, your entries better be more detailed later at home. I know I wrote down when we did what, but always great to hear things from 2 sides, eh? I just read May and Ashley’s blog and it’s really funny. They’re very detailed and succinct: salmon pants, cute dogs, lots of couples. That basically sums it up, eh?

Oh yeah, punting oh wells. Maybe you should take this sailing class with me next semester, dunno about Mikey you know. I need a sailing partner, a reliable one. These knots are really hard to tie. But yeah, I have to work, so we’ll call it even. See you in 2 hours.

Unknown said...

sounds fun~ I went around Paris totally by myself last summer~I love the pastries in Paris ^ ^