Friday, March 15, 2013

Moving

After living nearly two years in a tiny subdivided apartment, I am finally moving out! I'm moving with a friend to the Island (yes, moving over to the dark side). I think met up to look at apartments in Tin Hau, which is a neighborhood near Victoria Park. It is a not as crowded and dense as Causeway Bay, which is a major shopping area right next door and is a little more residential. We met up last Friday night, had dinner in the area, and started poking into real estate agencies near the MTR station. We went to a couple of big ones that just didn't have anything for us. We walked by this one agency whose store front was tiny and had one guy in it. He thought about our requirements for a little while and was like, "I have just the place for you two!" Unfortunately, it was late and he couldn't get the keys until the next day. We met up with him the next day and fell in love with the place. It's an actual 2 bedroom that's about a 5 minute walk from the Tin Hau and Fortress Hill MTR station. We ended up meeting with him again on Sunday and signed the papers. The owner was happy to rent to two girls so we're tentatively getting the keys next week!

Anyway, looking forward to having a shorter commute. I am also thinking about getting loft bed so that I can put a dresser and table underneath. In the meantime, I need to sell my big closet. I really don't know why I bought such a big closet in the first place. The new place has a good size living room for future guests. I think the arrangement works out for both of us. We're both saving a substantial amount of money. Renting in HK is just too crazy.

 Living room:
 
Bedroom 1:

Bedroom 2:

Kitchen:

We've also moved to our office space at site. The contractor renovated an existing building to make office space for all the staff. So we've moved out of the containers today. The new office space is much nicer than the container. The RE staff has an independent room with its own VIP room. The only downside is that there's no windows but I think we'll be outside enough that we wouldn't miss it. I should be getting help at site early next week! Very excited to finally have someone else to come help out.

Site office:



 


No comments: