Saturday, March 23, 2013

Change is in the air

Getting the keys to the new apartment on Monday! Excited to finally be able to move out. I think these next few weeks before I go back to the US will be busy. My parents are flying to Hong Kong as I am typing this post. They should arrive early tomorrow morning. The plan is for us to meet on the ferry to Zhongshan. There is a ferry that leaves HK Island and docks at the airport before going to Zhongshan. Hopefully everything will work out.

This week is a short week because of Easter holidays. The plan right now is that I will move on Thursday night. I have already booked the guy, who was recommended by a friend. I really need to find some time to pack this upcoming week. We have Friday to Monday off (inclusive). So after the successful moving on Thursday night, I will go to Zhongshan again and hang out with family until Saturday. Mom and Victor will be flying back to SF on Sunday night so they will come to HK with me. We'll get to hang out at the new place. Dad is staying in China for a few more weeks. Anyway, I think I'll have Monday to recover from all this. The week after this is also a shortened week because Thursday is also a holiday. I am really hoping that I will have enough time during these holidays to study.

Speaking of studying, I have found that my math skills have degraded. Not as fast with mental math as I was in high school. Or maybe I just don't really do actual calculations these days. Anyway, my supervisor still thinks I will go back to the US immediately after I get this license, which makes absolutely NO sense to me. I mean, I can go back anytime. I don't need to wait for the license. In essence, this license is just something that I've been thinking about since I've found out about it in high school. Anyway, I don't know how I can make it clear to him but sometimes people are just set on their ways of thinking like this.

Anyway, another person joined me at site this past week. The guy also worked on the project so he knows the background and some of the people. He's also been working at site for the past year so he knows how things should run. So it's nice that he can show me what I should be doing. The only thing is that there were times this week when I felt that I had less time because we have to spend time discussing things or chatting. I think I was very efficient and did a lot of stuff when I was by myself because I didn't have another person to talk to. Anyway, we're going to try to implement some new rules for the contractor to follow. I think if the system works, then things should be better for us. I really wish that there had been someone to guide me to begin with. I feel like I have set something in motion and it's hard to adjust. And I think it will be an even bigger adjustment when the real RE gets to site. We will only overlap for a week before I leave for the US. I hope people can figure things out when I am away.

1 comment:

yalu said...

Well, you are going to finish your site thing at least right? lol no sense..

but yeah, study study! jia you!