Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moving Again

I'll be moving to Stanford in a few hours. This year has been very intensive in terms of flights, trips, packing, etc. It started off with a trip to Africa in January. And then packing up all my stuff from four years of college and getting most of them home in June. I spent a long, long time packing stuff at the end. It felt like I would never be able to pack up that room. And then I moved to NYC where I spent June at an apartment near Penn Station and then two months in Times Square. I moved back home a couple of weeks ago and started packing for Stanford.

I realized I have a lot of junk. I'm a collector at heart. It's probably due to stamp collecting which I should take up again at some point. I have a ton of stamps and supplies, I just need to get the stamps in the albums. Anyway, I'm the kind of person who loves to show off my entire collection of [fill in the blank] on a bookshelf or some kind of appropriate display. But there's no way I would have the room for all my collections of junk. Maybe I should switch my career to organizing museum collections. I think that would keep me happy for a while.

Anyhow, once I get to Stanford, I think I will be running around and taking care of a lot of administrative type stuff. And of course, getting to know my surroundings. I will need to figure out some practical stuff like groceries, how to get to classes, where the bike racks are, where to find food on campus, the library system, check out the gym, etc. Time spent at home went by too quickly as always. Looking forward to another adventure ahead.

No comments: