Friday, July 10, 2009

End of Week 5

Wow, what a week. I didn't manage to get out of the office before 7pm even today (a Friday!!). Everyone left in a woosh at 6pm. I, on the other hand, was going over drawings that I had just printed out. Each new drawing creates an enormous number of problems. I would much rather have a busy drawing than to make two drawings. Anyway, I'm still not finish, even though it would have been really nice to finish by today. I think I will go in early on Monday so I can finish up in the morning. I've been working on this project all week and ignoring everything else.

The group is getting a new grad soon. The supervisor wasn't very specific about when he would start. Just "soon." Not sure what that's supposed to mean. I hope it's not next week because he (the supervisor) is going to be in Korea (on business). I have no idea where he's going to sit. There's no space in our area. It would be really sad if he's going to have to sit away from the aisle that we're all in. It's so much better to be with everyone else. Now that I sit with them, I go out to lunch with them too. It's nice to socialize during lunch time. There's really no other time to socialize because everyone actually works when it's work time. Anyway, seating arrangement is definitely a thing to look out for when get a permanent job.

The weather's been really good this week. Not too hot or cold. Actually, the office is really cold all the time. We complain about this a lot. One of the guys said that Mondays are the coldest. Monday was indeed very cold. I started to bring both a fleece and a jacket. The jacket is for the occasional thunderstorms and the fleece jacket is for cold offices. Oh, and I also bring an umbrella too. That's why I carry a backpack to the office.

Speaking of backpacks, I think I need a new one.

No comments: