Friday, July 17, 2009

Attempts at Exercising (End of Week 6)

Half way through my internship!! Man, I feel like I'm just getting settled in at work. Really getting to know people and such. Nothing particularly exciting at work this week. Well, maybe other than the fact that I spent the entire day trying to do a problem that really should have taken a couple of hours. Sigh, oh wells. At least now I know how to do these types of problems. I should keep a binder with calcs. So far I have uplift, liquefaction, settlement...

The sun was out all week so we have been sitting outside for lunch. It's always hard press to find an empty bench outside the office that would fit all of us. People are always taking up a bench by themselves. Yalu has been packing me sandwiches for lunch. It's been great. My coworkers were impressed.

The guy whose desk I took over will be coming back on Monday. He's going to be here for a week and then taking two weeks of vacation. Glad he's back but I had to move all my junk back. And I'll have to walk whenever I have questions. Such a hassle. Anyhow, everyone will be back in the office next week so it should be more interesting.

I went running in Central Park Wednesday and Thursday after work. I'm sooo sore. I wasn't too sore after running on Wednesday. I really shouldn't have gone on Thursday. I was in the Park for 10 minutes and was extremely sore by the end of it. It was really painful to walk today. I'm hoping I will be less sore by Sunday and be able to go for a long(er) run in the morning.

Ideally, I would go running tomorrow (Saturday). But I'm volunteering all day. When I say all day, I mean 7am - 4pm. I really need the hours given that I only volunteered 3 hours last month. Yeah, only 3 hours. Seriously slacking. I only need about 60 more hours. I can be done by the time I go home if I manage to volunteer about 8 hrs every weekend. I think it can be done. And I don't mind since it means I get to go to different parts of Manhattan. See things that tourists normally don't see. I think this volunteering thing has actually given me a good excuse to go and do random things.

It's been sweltering hot these past couple of days. The office is freezing cold, as usual. I hope it doesn't get any hotter. I'm sweating just sitting here.

No comments: