Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stanford, Easter Eggs

Wow, it's Saturday again. Not sure where all the time went. Dentist appointment on Tuesday. Went to Costco and visited relatives on Wednesday. Interview on Thursday. And visited Mike Shaw at Stanford on Friday. This morning I went with my brother and cousins on a Easter Egg Hunt.

Stanford is really nice. Extremely beautiful campus. It took about 2 hours for me to get there, from the time I got out of the house. So it wasn't too bad. I took BART to the end and then went on Caltrain. Mike Shaw and I chatted about various stuff and then ate at a burrito place. On the way back, I got to ride in one of the new Caltrain trains. It was shiny and less bumpy. All the seats on the top deck faced each other so that they were all sets of 4 seats, which I thought was pretty nice. In the old trains, all the seats on top are single seats.

This morning, we got to the egg hunt a little late and nearly all the eggs were gone. But they kept back some eggs for the kids that didn't get any. Doesn't matter anyway since every kid redeems all their plastic eggs for one bag of prizes. There was a raffle but we didn't really pay attention since there was also a golf clinic (the hunt was at a golf course). We got to learn about various swings and such. It was fun.

1 comment:

yalu said...

hehe time passes fast huh?

yeah, I've heard that Stanford's campus is really pretty. I think MIT needs to undergo a beautification effort. I think the combination of being rebuilt in 1906 (moved) and of being an engineering college and not really humanities really uhh...takes away from the architecture. course 4 should stage a revolt.