Friday, March 7, 2008

London Pics!

Just realized I haven't posted any pictures of me in London. I went there with a few people the weekend after Chinese New Year to see the parade and enjoy the other celebrations. Poting and I went around London for a little while after that.

Not sure why I don't look too happy in these first two pictures... Anyhow, we weren't really sure where we were going. I had a guide book. But then we saw the London Eye (that big ferris wheel in the back) and started heading towards it.

Westminster Abbey. Sadly we didn't get to go in since it was Sunday and they didn't want any tourists on Sundays. We peaked inside like all the other tourists and it looks pretty amazing. Hope to go back one of these days.

Big Ben! Yay. I should've taken a picture of the subway station next to it. We talked about it in geotech class and how they had to put in a lot of reinforcement to keep the Big Ben from tilting when they put in the tunnel.


As we were crossing this bridge, Poting and I speculated on the price of a ride on the London Eye. I said 10 pounds which seems reasonable. But when we got there, we found out that it was 15 pounds and they're called "flights" not "rides". And actually, a Thames river cruise is cheaper than a flight. We found this confounding. 15 pounds is a little too much for us. And it was getting dark when we got there so we didn't go on.


1 comment:

yalu said...

ooh your hair is very long now...