Saturday, March 22, 2008

My bookshelf

Actually, this doesn't exists anymore since I had to pack everything away. But at one point, I took pictures of my bookself since I've never had one that has so many technical books before. I learned to use the library at Cambridge. I really like my college's library. I'm glad it's a good one because competing with other engineering students for books at the engineering library is not fun.


On the top shelf we have the tiger that sings, tangerines, and other food essentials like nutella and museli. Next comes the Hydrology books that I only used for about a week. We had a total of 2 lectures on hydrology. Chinese and German books. And yes, that's a copy of Let's Go Europe.


That's right, that's a coffee press pot. I used it a few times the first term but now I just stick to tea. It's cheaper, easier to get rid of, and great for dunking tea biscuits in. The coffee thing is now at home with dad. Much of this bookself is occupied with structures books, the class that I am struggling the most with. There's a couple of geotech books and then some notebooks that I hardly ever use.


I don't use this helmet anymore either since I don't bike anymore. It's too dangerous and such a hassle to find a good place to park the bike. I mean, what if it starts raining? Or if you want to walk with a friend? I hate pushing bikes. I also picked up some Garfield books in a bookshop. Garfield Annuals that are published specially for the UK. These are now home as well. And then binders. Not very exciting.

Is this too personal to publish on the MIT Cambridge blog? Or should I just do it? What do you guys think? I can draw fancy arrows for the MIT blog instead of just lame descriptions like I have now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

yalu said...

No, I think this is a good mit cambridge blog entry. How is it too personal? I mean you don't have anything embarrassing on your bookshelf, it's very organized, and it has too many books (but you can explain that you don't use them ALL the time...that's a lot of books ;-))

I recognized your Let's Go Europe book right away. It looks just like my Let's Go France book. And it's the same size...hmmm...suspicious. Yeah, my book is really long. I flipped through it the other day. I think it'll be fun to read though when I'm travelling on a train, to learn about the other places in the country.

What did you do with that bike after you stopped riding?

I'm so glad I bought a notebook to Germany. Almost didn't, and got it at the last day from my house. I was like "hmm, this might come in handy" because you know, we are learning German there after all ;-)

yalu said...

forgot to mention that I like pushing bikes. I think it has to do with my inability to learn to ride a bike until recently. I was always fond of pushing it. Also, I would get tired of riding on Xiumin's bike and push it near the end of my ride to Sloan. This hasn't happened since I discovered that pumping air into the tires makes the bike 100% more efficient...much less energy to ride now, and much faster

Whenever it rains, and it rains often here, then I always wipe the seat and handlebars with paper towels. If it's still raining, I usually leave the bike there and come back for it on a better day...

btw, Xiumin and I officially traded bikes. Now that the weather's better, I ride hers to class a few times a week with my lock, and she rides my bike to her French class at Harvard a few times during the week, with your lock. Better suited for our heights, I think.

Weather in DE really nice...it's been sunny. It's still in the high 40s and not 50s, so I feel kind of cold, but it's much nicer weather than in Boston. Yesterday I went for a walk in the park and got some sunlight, probably the most sunlight I've gotten all semester combined.