Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Balancing act

After writing about eating healthy, I thought I should confess that I ate McDonald's twice in four days. This is due to the project that talked about in one of my previous posts. We basically worked non-stop Monday and Tuesday to get it all done. We were there way too late, had to take taxis back. I basically got back, showered, and went to sleep. Today (Wednesday), was the first time that I got to eat the pasta that I made on Sunday again.

My parents are coming next week! I don't know how we're all going to fit into my little place. I guess we'll have to make it work. They're only here for one night so I hope it will be okay. I'll have to do some cleaning and organizing to make room. I might have to work this weekend too though...

Going on a site visit on Saturday with one of the professional societies. The guys from work are going too, of course. I see them way too much. I really hope that if (when) we hire someone, that person is a good fit. Very important to have a team that works well together. Otherwise, we would just all be miserable. My coworkers were saying that someone's first two weeks at a new job (especially for new grads) is very unstable. They might quit very suddenly because they don't like the job. It seems very fast to me but I guess it fits with the culture here of doing things and making decisions at an extremely fast pace. It's also most likely due to the fact that most grads join a training scheme and then they are stuck with a company for a couple of years. My own application for this training scheme has STILL not been sorted out yet, unfortunately. Some things are still very slow.

No comments: