Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How do we manage to do so much?

Yesterday night some of us met up to practice for the Portugal HSR presentation. I was walking to the room and met up with 2 juniors who were in the class. I stopped to say hi and to chat about the project. They were really amazed and impressed by how much the seniors are doing. They were like, "don't you guys have a a ton of other projects? bridge, vertical farm, project evaluation, and you guys work still so hard on this one!" I guess I'm surprised too at how much we're able to do. Somehow things work out. It's one thing when you're working on a report by yourself and you have to stay up late to finish. But it's another thing when you're working on a project with 14 other people, some of whom are waiting for your results so that they can start. It's so much more pressure. Anyway, it's just been really crazy. I've been carrying around my computer, the charger, and mouse with me almost every day for the past few weeks now.

Anyway, things are getting better. The end is in sight! Our Portugal HSR presentation went well. By that I mean, I didn't mess up really badly. Our team had 5 presenters who were all girls. The other team had 3 presenters who were all guys. I think everyone noticed the contrast. I think their presentation seemed more professional, more clean. Ours had a lot more numbers and went for more of the wow factor. Anyway, I'm glad that's finally over.

I didn't get a chance to do my anthropology presentation but I'm not too worried about that one. Again, it's one thing to present something that you've done yourself and quite another thing to be representing your group.

Tomorrow we're presenting on the vertical farm. We finally have a grasp of what the farm looks like, how it should function, etc. It's all coming together! Yay. Tomorrow we have to start writing the report. We haven't started yet. This is possibly the "longest" week ever.

No comments: