Saturday, May 9, 2009

Classes

I'm looking forward to being done with all these reports and presentations. Just one more week! Yesterday (Friday), I spent 4 hours in a computer lab with two other students working on one project. We managed to produce a really cool poster but that's all we did. We still need to write a report and make a presentation. Seriously...

Last night, I also turned in an anthropology paper that I got an extension on. I have a final for that class and I have to present the findings from my fieldwork. My topics for anthropology assignments have been pretty interesting so far. But I could not find anything interesting for the longest time for this last paper. I wish I could present on my observation paper where I when to a couple of dim sum places and observed how people interact. That was interesting. Anyway, for this class I've now written papers on:
  1. Thai Genealogy
  2. Medical school application process
  3. Dim Sum (observations of interactions of participants)
  4. Hacking stories as folklore
Pretty interesting set of topics, huh? I've really enjoyed this class. I wish I knew about this earlier so that I can take more classes. Maybe I'll have time next year to sit in on some anthro classes at Stanford? Not sure...

Anyway, still need to be done:
  • Presentations: 3
  • Papers: 3
  • Finals: 2

No comments: