Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Summer Plans

It's unbelievable how popular it is to shower at midnight. Seriously, I've been waiting for the shower for quite a while now. Okay, I've been avoiding blogging because there is simply too much to write about.

I'm leaving for Stanford again tomorrow. Can you believe it? Well, this time, I'm going for to help out with ESP over there. It's also very likely that I'll be involved with their ESP next year... Ahem, this might be another post. Anyway, I'm using this chance to bring some stuff home. I have accumulated sooo much stuff over these 4 years, it's amazing.

My summer plans always seem to work out over Spring Break. I got a call from Arup while on the bus from Ithaca to Philadelphia last week saying that they would like me as an intern. I had a good feeling about this place. It didn't seem like they were even interviewing any other candidates. I guess there's not a whole lot of people out there also who are interested in geotech, want to get a Masters in geotech, and have had experience already. So, I'm going to be working in New York City this summer. Yay. I've always wanted to live in NYC. Ever since I visited back in high school, I've thought that it would be a cool place to live. It seems fun. There's so many places to visit, things to do, and so many different people. I really like big cities. Anyway, this also means that I will be living with Yalu. I'm sure we can find time to hang out in the city together. It'll be fun.

I think I kind of like working. It's cool to meet new people and learn stuff. And internships are so cool because you're not really responsible for a whole lot but you have the chance to explore the company, the careeer, the discipline, etc. I think learning from people who are already in industry is very important. I met a few cool young professionals last summer and it was really cool talking to them about work, school, and life in general.

Anyway, I probably won't end up making a whole lot of money this summer. Last summer I lived at home. But this summer, I'll be paying rent, buying food, going out to museums, going out to eat, and doing other things. So much for saving for grad school. Oh wells...

No comments: