Saturday, April 25, 2009

FE exam

That test was soooo terrible. 8 hours is a long time.... I managed to finish both sections before time was up but it still seemed like it went on forever. There were so many questions. And since it was multiple choice, I'm sure we don't get any partial credit either...

I woke up at 6am and took a cab with some other Course 1 people over. It was definitely a good choice since it was too early for me to think properly. Anyhow, now I can say I've been to UMass Boston, for what it's worth. It's a pretty nice campus. They're right on the water. Their campus center, which is where the test was, is this hugemous building that looks out onto the water. It's such a nice building with big rooms. Unfortunately, I was stuck in this small little room that was dark and had no windows. It was sad. I think a lot of people signed up to take the test this year. Probably more than all the previous years combined. haha. We're a cool class.

The morning section wasn't too bad. I think I did pretty well on most of it. Except for electrical stuff. Seriously, when neither the question nor the answers make any sense, it's just hopeless. I was feeling pretty burnt out by the end of it. We took a lunch break and then went back for the second half. The second half was such a disaster. I feel like I didn't know anything. I guessed on most of it. And the thing is, I'm not sure how much studying would have helped. It was just so much material and some of it we never covered. I hear the passing rate is very high for this test though. I hope this is true. Hopefully, I did well enough on the morning bit to buffer this afternoon section. I guess I'll find out in 12 weeks. No clue why it needs to take that long. It's a scantron!

No comments: