Monday, January 5, 2009

Zero Hour

Can't believe I woke up so early. It's 8:30am over here. I went to sleep at around 3:30am this morning. Stayed up talking to some friends. We always chat about the most random stuff ever. It was good though because I went to sleep right away. Anyway, I was waking up this morning and was feeling pretty tired when a lot of adrenaline rushed into my body. Could not/didn't want to fall back asleep.

I have a bunch of little things to take care of today and then I'm all set. I'm glad we're leaving on a weekday because everything closed over the weekend. These posts lately have not been very interesting. Sorry. Right now I'm just bored, want to wait until 9am before I head out to run some errands.

I will have very limited Internet access for the next 3 weeks. I think we'll be going to an Internet cafe once every few days. Not sure. Don't know how convenient it will be. Probably not at all. Again, check the D-lab blog because I doubt I will have time to post anything here. Link on previous post.

I think we're all pretty excited about this trip. I'm worried about all these flights and missing one. We're cutting it pretty close on all our connections. And Sierra Leone is not a top spot on any airline's list so it will be pretty difficult to find another flight that will take all 7 of us on board if we managed to miss one of our connecting flights. I'm also worried about having to sit through 4 takeoffs and landings (each). Motion sickness. blah.

I guess I'm still in shock that we're able to do this trip. What other place in the world would fund such an expedition? We're getting heavily subsidized to go on a trip that may or may not have good results. I don't even know what we can consider success for this rammed earth thing. Anyway, wish us luck!

1 comment:

docey101 said...

LUCY~! Happy New Year! seeing as how you haven't updated recently, you must be busy doing fun stuff :)