Friday, January 2, 2009

Cornell

Guess what I found when I opened my mailbox this morning? A huge envelope that said Welcome to Cornell. I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to open the envelope right there in the lobby but I managed to drag everything up the elevator and into my room before I opened it. And yes, the first line said, "I am pleased to inform you that your Master of Engineering application to our program in Environmental Fluid Mechanics & Hydrology has been approved, beginning with the Fall 2009 term." So now I go to Africa in peace, knowing that I'll at least have some place to go for grad school.

I think I found out so early because it's their MEng program (the more practice oriented one) instead of the MS. I probably should've applied to the MEng at MIT. Probably would've found out by now too. But no, I have to do everything the hard way.

Anyhow, the flight back was pretty good. Took less than 5 hours. I watched random TV shows. There was one really interesting thing about Tokyo and how everything is small and space saving. They showed how people managed to fit everything in their little apartments. And then I watched something about sumo wrestling. I sleep for maybe 2 hours.

The view of the Boston area was pretty nice. We flew into the sunrise and the sky was red. There were patches of snow on the ground and trees with no leaves. It looked just like in the movies. I managed to meet up with Swetha in the airport and we took a cab back. Good choice since dragging luggage through the snow would probably be a bad idea. I think it snowed a lot recently. No snow today though and it wasn't all that cold in the morning.

No comments: