Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Last Lecture

I've heard about this a while back and not sure why I didn't watch it back then. This is a lecture given by a professor at Carnegie Mellon University a few months ago. He has cancer and wrote a book intended for his three children, telling them about his outlook on life. I've found this lecture to be very inspiring. I don't think his accomplishments are exceptional but it is his personality and outlook on life that impressed me very much. Worth watching:

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/
Scroll down to the video of "The Last Lecture".

2 comments:

djue said...

hey lucy,

thanks for the email :) it really meant a lot to me. i hope you're doing well. when are we going to cross paths again...?

diana

yalu said...

Hey, this guy made the front page of the "Journal Report" page of the Wall Street Journal. There's a really cute picture of his wife and 3 kids, all dressed in white and a really really nice article about his talk