Monday, May 12, 2008

Aarhus, Denmark: The University

On the last day, I spent an hour or so walking around the Aarhus University. I thought it would be interesting to see what it looks like and such. A lot of the buildings have a similar architecture style as the first picture: yellow walls, steep roofs, and in my opinion, not enough windows. The library has a book tower. It is basically a very tall tower with books in it. And there are no windows. There are books all around the walls. I saw it on the bus arriving and didn't get a chance to go see it again. But it looked scary...

There is a park in the university. A very nice one with ponds and streams. There were lots of people sitting around and enjoying the sun. There were lots of students lying around, reading books and chatting. The local residents seem to use it too. I saw lots of families. People here are very blond. Probably more than half the people are blond. I didn't see many minorities, especially in the university. There are ethnic restaurants and food stores but those were the only places where I saw non-white people. I think I would feel very out of place if I studied in this place...
The main campus was deserted though. I went on a Sunday and there was no one around. I didn't managed to find the student dorms. Maybe more life there? The campus is very big though and I only walked through a little bit of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: