Monday, January 21, 2008

I hate drunk people

The title should say it all but it really doesn't. It's amazing just how different the US is with its strict No-Alcohol-Under-21 law from England where the legal drinking age is 18 but it really doesn't matter. And since everyone at the university is over the legal drinking age, the booze never stops. It's disgusting. I don't understand.

The window in my living room faces out towards the street. And every night, there are drunk people shouting and screaming. And these aren't thugs or gangsters, they're students. That's right, students here can go out every night and get drunk. And they do this ALL the time. I don't know why these people are here. They certainly aren't studying.

This is the part of Cambridge that I hate the most. This is why I don't like this place and miss MIT. The stupid, drunk people. I can't believe I'm actually writing this. It's so sad. This is supposed to be one of the top universities in the UK? I'm not seeing it.

2 comments:

djue said...

gah, drunk people do suck. while i was abroad, i know that most of my classmates got drunk fairly often. but fortunately i could just choose to not be near them. sorry that you have to be near them =/

come back to mit soon.

docey101 said...

aww, it's ok, it was like that at berkeley too. hahaha, all those frats and stuff. anyway...enjoy the experience!