Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happenings

Feeling unmotivated to do any work... happens too often here but whatever. Today I made eggs in the oven. We don't have any stove tops (or hops, as they call it here). We have a microwave that can be an oven as well. I was really craving for eggs the other day so I decided to search the internet for ways to make eggs in one of these microwave/ovens. Today I got a Pyrex dish and some eggs. I poured some milk on the bottom, heated that up, and then cracked two eggs in the dish, let it cook for 10-15 minutes and they turned out great! The sides were gooey and the stuff in the middle wasn't runny. I wish I had Pam or something though since it stuck to the dish like crazy.

This weekend will be a busy one. Sunita is coming over on Saturday from Oxford. Saturday night I signed up to help out at the Chinese New Year Ball. It's like a May Ball type event where there's lots of food and partying. I think I'm helping out with set up and cleaning. But it should be fun since I will get to eat the food for free and see the entertainment. They have lots of entertainment lined up, including lion dance, traditional dances, music, something about the Beijing Olympics, and more. I'm looking forward to this.

Sunday night is also the Superbowl. I'm not sure if I'm going to go see this. Some of the CME people (this year and last) are getting together in Trinity to watch it. Since that's not far away, I might go join them. I usually watch the Superbowl. This year, MIT is giving all the dorms and living groups money for SuperBowl parties. Not fair...

I also signed up to help out at the Churchill Spring Ball. Again, a whole night of food and partying. I'm a fire steward. I think it just means I will wander around and make sure no one sets anything on fire. It sounds chill. I also get 2 hours off and get paid 20 pounds at the end of the night. Not much money at all but I will get to enjoy the ball. It's American themed so I think they're having a big carnival type thing. I'm allowed to eat the food. Yay for cotton candy!

1 comment:

yalu said...

Ooh sounds cool. Have fun at the balls. The superbowl thing is overrated. Mike and I went food shopping today and everyone is busy with buying snacks. McCormick is having their annual party but I'm not going even tho I'm tech in charge of the IAP chairs...ehh Mike and I might go skiing tomorrow instead.

Oh yeah, the mailing address. It's on your blog, so uh, dont worry bout it.