Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stamps!

So this summer I expanded my collection of stamps by... a lot. I got 100 Greek Stamps for 10 Euros and 100 DDR stamps for 5 Euros. I was going to stop there but on the very last weekend, I came across a HUGE box of stamps for 5 Euros. Couldn't resist and got it. That was probably the best choice I made all summer.

I think the box of stamps used to belong to a stamp collector. Because there were soooo many different stamps and they are all in excellent condition. Not only did I get a variety of German stamps (DDR, Deutsche Bundespost, Deutsche Bundespost Berlin, Deutsch Post, etc.), I got stamps from all seven continents and an excellent bunch of US stamps too. The US stamps were so awesome because they're mostly from the 60s and 70s and I don't have any of those. Half of them even say "U.S. Postage" instead of "USA" on them.

I even have stamps from the "Freie Stadt Danzig". This place doesn't even exist anymore! Not as an independent city-state anyhow. It's now a part of Poland.

So I spend about 3-4 days sorting these stamps out. Now they're all in binders or nice neat bags. More than half of them are still in bags separated by country. I think I would make a lot of money if I ever have the time to sort everything out and sell them. My mom says she'll help me once she retires. =)

4 comments:

djue said...

super cool! dude. who's gonna run the esp stamp collecting class when you're gone?

Lucy said...

Ahhhhhh! That was one of the things I was going to do over the summer: write up instructions for my stamp collecting class. I did it for my orienteering class but.. And my stamp collecting class needs supplies which are somewhere in McCormick storage. *doomed*

yalu said...

xiumin said she'd do orienteering but i'm not sure about stamp collecting...know any fans?

we got a complaint about your orienteering class heh. The parents wanted the kids to run around in groups of 3.

X said...

hmmm... you're talking about last year right? don't remember saying anything about it for this year...