Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Elmer's White Glue

I just finished making a model of the windmill at San Souci. I got the kit when I was there the first time and had put it off until now to make it. I started the project trying all types of glues but settled on good old Elmer's white glue. It's just paper so this glue worked amazingly well. It took me about 4-5 hours today and probably 6-8 hours total. I don't know why I do these things. Before I leave home, I have to get my stamp collection in order and make a scrapbook of my summer.

I listened to an audio version of Dracula while finishing the model. I borrowed Dracula from the library but got a version with all these footnotes on the bottom. They really annoying because I always end up reading them and the writing is not as good as Bram Stoker's. Anyway, here are pictures of the windmill: unfinished, finished (2), and the real thing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

djue said...

man, awesome windmill. i never got into model kits but always wish i did. neither have i gotten into audio books,a lthough i wish i have. sighhhhhhhhhhhh.