Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gazpacho

I think I've been gaining weight again... Can't really tell because my scale ran out of batteries and I haven't gotten around to figuring out what batteries it needs so that I can replace them. I think it's really true that you can keep your weight down or at least at around the same if you just keep a scale around. I think my weight gain is mostly due to the high amount of stress at work, not enough sleep, and eating out too much. I also didn't used to eat very much for dinner because one of the guys who used to work in my group just didn't eat dinner or would just eat fruit. So I'm going to try to go back to doing that again. Eating apples all the time has lots its appeal though but I've recently discovered gazpacho.

Gazpacho is basically a fresh veggie soup. Some people say it's more like a salad because the veggies are not cooked. This means that things don't need to be chopped into small pieces. The number of steps to making something edible is cut down by two (extensive chopping and cooking). So I visited my local wet market again, after being absent from there many months and picked up some fresh groceries. 


I got tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, green onions, lemons, and blended them all with a dash of vinegar. The smell is amazing. But it actually takes a lot of veggies to make one bowl of soup. I didn't end up making enough soup for the whole week. We'll see how long this lasts and if this actually helps the weight issue. I think I need to get my scale working again.

No comments: