Thursday, October 1, 2009

So much work already!!

Quick entry between classes. Feeling kind of stressed this week. Yesterday, I managed to finish all the psets I have due this week. But I haven't had a chance to start on any of the stuff due next week at all! This is not good especially since these grad level classes require a lot more time. I have to spend a lot of time going over material, reading the book, reading supplementary things, and then spend hours doing the homework. Three out of my four classes seem to give homework every week. I really thought that grad classes would give homework more like every two weeks. I think I prefer having longer homeworks but having them due every 2 weeks. If I have to go to a all day seminar or conference or in the middle of running an experiment for research, having stuff due every week is not good.

Anyway, in one of my classes, the homework is not very straightforward. The professor gave us a ton of data (from 20 years of research) and we're just supposed to do the best we can with them. It's kind of interesting in a way. I guess we get to choose what we want to look at and such. But it's stressful if you don't really understand everything that he did. Anyway, that's what I'll be doing this weekend. Hopefully I'll make some headway with it between now and the weekend.

Right now I'm sitting in on 2 classes. I'm not sure I have time for this. They're good classes and I want to learn the material. But I don't know if I'll have the time to even sit in on lecture, nevermind review the material. So... not sure what's going to happen to these classes. I can see myself abandoning them in the middle of the quarter. Kind of sad but might happen.

Ah, sorry for the lame entry. Had to vent and kill some time.

No comments: