Monday, March 2, 2009

Three for three

I was sitting on the couch, reading for my anthropology class. I usually keep my laptop open (as opposed to having the cover closed) when I'm in my room in case someone wanted to talk to me or I get some important email. And when I'm on the couch, I would look over once in a while to check if one of these two things happen. At one point, I noticed that there was an email but I thought it must be some kind of junk and didn't bothered to get up to look at it. After an hour or so of reading, I wanted a break and got up to check this one email. The email was titled "Berkeley Application Update." My brain was still trying to decide if this meant good or bad news when my hand clicked to open the email and scrolled down to the message that began with "It is my great pleasure..." So that's three letters so far, all acceptances.

I never knew how excruciating this whole waiting process is. Undergrad was not like this for me. I got accepted to MIT early so I stopped applying to any other schools. And I had only applied to the UCs and Stanford at that point. Not that I cared about any of these schools after getting the letter from MIT. So the whole process ended right there. No waiting. Just a big happy surprise.

So now all I'm waiting for is MIT. Do they want me back? We'll see...

2 comments:

X said...

Congrats! :-)

yalu said...

3/4!

I guess you've been really lucky (or maybe, you can say you're just that good), because you didn't have to wait at all for undergrad, and also Cornell got right back to you so you didn't have to spend 2 months questioning what to do with your life next. Remember that internship search sophomore year? That was really difficult!