Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stanford

Monday night I was looking through some of my junk and found these good luck charms that I have. One is a pair of fish (necklace?) that my grandmother gave to me years ago. The other one is a keychain from Greece. So feeling anxious about this whole grad school situation, I taped them to the cabinet above my desk. And... the next day, I got another big envelope in the mail, this time from Stanford. I was, of course, happy and excited. But I was probably more relieved than anything, "whew, not stuck going to Cornell (cold place in the middle of nowhere)." Not that I'm making any final decisions here but it's good to have choices.

Applying for grad schools is so different from undergrad. I was so happy when I got into MIT. I felt so lucky and fortunate. But grad schools are more like, "why haven't I heard back yet? am I not good enough? what did I do wrong? why aren't they coming after me with offers and money?"

Anyhow, now I need to look up flights for going home over spring break. I bet all my course 1 classes will have very low attendence those few days before spring break. I think they will understand though.

1 comment:

djue said...

wow, stanford still does it the old fashioned way! congratulations :)