Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Settling back in

Classes started yesterday. Settling back into student life. I'm taking a lot of civil engineering classes this term. A lot of design classes, actually. My classes are all Tuesday and Thursday classes. I have a lab on Wednesday. I have no classes on Mondays and only one on Friday. So it's going to be an interesting semester. I don't really like how my Tuesdays and Thursdays are overloaded but I think it's okay. I mean, I think I've had it worse before... Anyway, it's good to see everyone again.

I'm taking 4.5 classes this term. A lot of them have projects so that's bound to be time consuming. Aside from passing these classes, I need to take the FE exam in April and the GMAT at some point. And I need to spend some time looking and applying for scholarships for grad school. Sometime before June, I also need to decide what I want to do this summer.

The practical thing to do this summer is to find another internship with a civil engineering design company, get some experience, and get paid. But there are also cool stuff out there like the Kawamura Fellowship and IDDS. I haven't even decided whether or not I want to apply for IDDS yet. But either way, it's a choice between an engineering design experience or a "personal growth" experience. Not sure what's best.

1 comment:

docey101 said...

busy schedule!! but if you didn't have it filled up with class, you'd probably find some project or job to do anyway. i got a busy schedule too...so sad...
well...i think that you're good with either choice for the summer. since you're going to go to grad school, you'll have more opportunities to go abroad or get more practical experiences for your upcoming career and all. so, you can do whichever you feel like right now.
but a paying summer job sounds so good to me...i want one of those!! or scholarships, those are nice. but i am putting off the grad school decision for now, so no tests for me.
good luck with everything!! : )