Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Caius Reception

A few days ago, I got an invitation to go to a Cocktail Reception for the Master of Gonville and Caius College (the college that I was a part of at Cambridge) hosted by John Lehman and his wife at the Knickerbocker Club in NYC. Now, I'm pretty sure that this John Lehman is THE John Lehman and this club is on Fifth Avenue. I guess one of the perks of the CME program is that you get alumni status so I get magazines, phones calls asking me to donate, and invitations like these. Anyways, this seems like great networking opportunity. I don't think I've even been on Fifth Ave. I don't even know what I would wear to an event like this. What do they even do??? Maybe I'll post the aftermath on the Cambridge blog. Or, uh, ask if it can be posted since they'll probably change the password and such. Man, I didn't even manage to finish writing that "A Day in the Life [engineering]" post. What a loser...

I hope I can keep in touch with my friends at Cam. I wish I had gotten to know them better. If I had only stayed in the room I was assigned to and not moved, I probably would have... Sigh... I don't know why I decided to move. Not much good came out of it and I feel like I missed out on a lot by moving. The first room was so nice. I swear that that second room had bad feng-shui...

2 comments:

yalu said...

yah not sure either. we are also doing one crazy day trip. i'm so excited though!! hehe get to be your guest once again (course 1 dinner...heh)

Unknown said...

5th ave is ok...don't hold too much expectation for it, just wear business casual would be good I think, but business casual with a fancy style maybe. =)