Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Summer Plans

So I've decided to take PB's offer and work in San Francisco this summer. Probably not as exciting of a location as spending the summer in Europe or China but I really think I will learn a lot with them. The other two places are probably not as keen to have me actually working. I also realized I don't have any experience working for an American engineering consulting company, which is what I want to do after graduating.

Next fall, I think I will apply to some grad schools as well. Apparently, Berkeley is the best in civil engineering. At least US News thinks so. Need to do more research into this topic. Hope I'll manage to study for the FE/EIT exam at home...

Anyway, now that I'm back at MIT, I'm starting to study for the Easter term exams. I think I was supposed to start a long time ago. Oh wells, can't turn back time.

3 comments:

X said...

Prof Jen talked about taking the FE today during recitation and that we should take it in the fall because the material would be fresh on our mind. Also need to do research on grad schools too...

yalu said...

Huh? You do work at home?? Remember how the last 2 weeks went, and you didn't have to go to work 9-5 either. I guess you'll have the whole summer to be with your family, but still won't Victor be on break too? Then when you get home from work, he's going to have missed you all day and you guys will hang out...oh no, maplestory. hehe. your summer's only going to be 9 weeks too.

hmm, but lots of sunshine.

yalu said...

dude, i spent some time wondering who x was while i was typing up my entry.