Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Library Card

I finally got a Hong Kong Library card! I've been meaning to do this since I now live really close to the Main library. One short form, ID card, and proof of address are all you need. It was fast and there's no "probation" period. The maximum limit for checkout is 8 though. I'm not sure I remember a limit for the Oakland libraries. But I think it's a matter of the number of people to the number of items available. Anyway, I have fond memories of pulling books off the shelf and borrowing them without any restrictions other than my own physical limit.

The main library here is really nice! There is a big atrium on the ground floor, along with a cafe that overlooks a green space. So it would be a pretty nice place to read your books after borrowing them. All around the perimeter of each floor is plenty of seating areas for people to read. I would have spent some time at the cafe too but I had just finished grocery shopping and was carrying a ton of veggies along with my books.

Tentative Japan and Korea trip coming up at the end of March! Stay tuned.

No comments: